loading...

Saravanan up in arms over FB post revealing gun

Packing heat: Saravanan’s gun exposed due to an unbuttoned jacket.
Packing heat: Saravanan’s gun exposed due to an unbuttoned jacket.

PETALING JAYA: MIC vice-president Datuk M. Saravanan, who has been photographed with a gun tucked into his trousers, says he has been carrying a firearm since 2003.
The photograph, taken at the MIC headquarters on Wednesday during the commotion when Saravanan also received a death threat, has gone viral on Facebook.
Sticking to his guns, Saravanan, who is also the Deputy Youth and Sports Minister, said: “I did not use the firearm or intimidate or harm anyone.”
“My permit is renewed every year. I have been carrying a gun since I was made a Senator in 2003.
“On that day, my coat button gave way, exposing the gun. I think some parties only want publicity by uploading that photo,” said Saravanan, who is also Tapah MP.
He said every MP was entitled to carry a gun.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

loading...